Recipes & Cooking
Deliciously simple recipes from Mueller's. The American Classic Pasta.
Angel Hair Americana Pasta
This classic Italian pasta dish comes from the area of Rome. Cooked with a smoky hint of bacon and a dash of heat from the crushed red pepper, this is a great quick-to-make recipe for weeknights.
- 8 ounces Mueller's Angel Hair
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add olive oil to skillet, heat over medium heat. Add onion, cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add tomatoes, breaking up with spoon. Add bacon, vinegar, sugar, salt and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, simmer uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss gently with Angel Hair.