Recipes & Cooking
Deliciously simple recipes from Mueller's. The American Classic Pasta.
Chicken and Broccoli Penne
Enjoy the healthful benefits of Mueller's 100% Whole Grain pasta with this delicious, easy-to-prepare recipe.
- 1 box (13.25 oz) Mueller's 100% Whole Grain Penne
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 lb broccoli florets, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breast cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves of chopped garlic, or 5 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt & crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- In large pot, bring 6 quarts of water to a boil. Add 2 Tbsp salt to water. Add pasta and broccoli and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. (Before straining, retain 2 cups of the pasta cooking water.)
- Meanwhile, cook chicken, garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil in a separate pan until chicken is browned.
- In a large bowl, mix together pasta, broccoli, pasta cooking water, chicken, garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.