Recipes & Cooking
Deliciously simple recipes from Mueller's. The American Classic Pasta.
Classic Sausage Lasagna
Meat lasagna is a classic Sunday dinner in many homes. The addition of homemade sausage makes this a brand new version.
- 16 ounces Mueller's Lasagna
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups (1 pound) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (28 ounce) jars pasta sauce, any flavor
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked, drained, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs and 1 cup mozzarella cheese in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Spread 1 cup pasta sauce in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Layer with half each of the lasagna, ricotta cheese mixture, sausage, remaining pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering. Bake uncovered 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.