Recipes & Cooking
Deliciously simple recipes from Mueller's. The American Classic Pasta.
Classic Triple Cheese Baked Ziti
Every Italian household has an oven baked ziti recipe! This pasta dish is a classic with three cheeses: ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- 16 ounces Mueller's Ziti
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (26 to 30 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; stirring frequently, cook 2 minutes. Stir in spaghetti sauce and oregano; bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir 1 cup sauce into cooked pasta. Spoon half the pasta mixture into 13x9x2-inch baking dish; top with ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella and 1 cup sauce. Top with remaining pasta mixture and remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake uncovered 10 minutes longer, or until heated through.