- 12 oz Mueller's Wide Egg Noodles
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of celery
- 3/4 cup milk Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cans (5 oz ea) tuna, drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided (1 ½ cups cheese for 8 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch (9 x 9” for 8 oz) baking dish with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain in a colander.
- Return hot, empty pan to low heat. Heat oil in pan. Add celery and cook, stirring frequently 4 to 5 minutes or until celery is tender.
- Stir in soup, milk and salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Remove from heat. Stir in tuna and 1 cup cheese.
- Gently stir in cooked noodles.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes. Substitute cream of mushroom soup for celery soup.
- Top the casserole with 1/3 cup finely crushed potato chips or cracker crumbs.
- Bake as directed.