Recipes & Cooking
Deliciously simple recipes from Mueller's. The American Classic Pasta.
Quick & Tasty Baked Ziti
Cook up this easy baked ziti recipe when you find yourself in a dinner pinch. Not only is it simple to make, but our ziti hits all the right notes with hearty beef and lots of cheese.
- 12 oz Mueller's Ridged Ziti or Ziti
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (24 oz) marinara sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pkg (16 oz) shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and return to pan, away from the heat.
- While pasta is cooking, in a medium skillet, over medium heat, cook Italian sausage, stirring frequently, until sausage is browned; drain.
- Stir marinara sauce and Parmesan into pasta in the pan. Stir in cooked, drained Italian sausage.
- Add 2 cups (8 oz) of shredded Mozzarella to the Ziti mixture and stir gently.
- Pour into prepared pan and layer remaining Mozzarella over top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.