Recipes & Cooking
Deliciously simple recipes from Mueller's. The American Classic Pasta.
Baked Mac and Cheese
Always a family favorite, macaroni and cheese is the classic comfort food that’s easily prepared!
- 8 ounces Mueller's Elbows
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded American or Cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta 6 minutes. Drain.
- In medium saucepan, combine cornstarch, salt, dry mustard & pepper in medium saucepan. Stir in milk until smooth. Add margarine, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1-3/4 cups cheese until melted. Add cooked pasta. Pour into greased 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.